Recover from eye disease

In February, I had an operation on my left eye for a disease called cataract. About the time I returned from The UK as a visiting researcher in 2018, I was finding it difficult to see clearly even with my glasses. At that time, I visited an optician's shop, and a member of staff advised me to see an Ophthalmologist. The eye doctor explained that the reason I could not see clearly through my glasses may be the cataract. After that, my eyesight got worse. Recently it got inconvenient to read books, so I decided to undergo the operation. This disease is quite popular, especially in old age. About 40% of people over 60 years old are said to suffer from this disease in Japan.


The operation itself is not so complex because of the advancement of technology. It took about 30 minutes or so. I went into hospital for one night and as we speak. I can see as clearly as I did before.


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas decoration near the pocket park